Social Media Customer Use Policy
The City of Fargo encourages the use of social media as a way to share and receive information related to City functions and services. Social media provides an opportunity to distribute information quickly and efficiently to a large audience and may be used on a day to day basis and during emergency situations.
By engaging with the City using social media, you are agreeing to the following:
- We welcome comments that are respectful of the audience, add value to the discussion and do not contain personal attacks or offensive comments.
- Comments posted on City of Fargo social media pages are reviewed and may be removed if they violate this policy.
- Comments posted on our social media pages must pertain to the posted topic. Comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the post may be removed. If you would like to share an unrelated comment, submit a service request, or talk with a City representative, please contact the appropriate department. Department contact information is available online at www.cityoffargo.com/departments or by calling the Mayor’s Office at 701-241-1310.
- City of Fargo social media pages are not intended for emergency reporting or response. Emergencies must be reported by calling 911.
- Users are subject to the Terms of Service of the host site.
- Comments posted on City of Fargo social media pages that violate site policy, state or federal law, or existing City of Fargo policies including sexual harassment, discrimination or violence are prohibited and will be removed.
To request a reasonable accommodation when accessing City of Fargo social media sites, please contact the Mayor's Office at 701-241-1310.
Social Media Disclaimer
Social media sites not specifically established in accordance with the City of Fargo Social Media Policy are not representations of the City. Unauthorized use of the City of Fargo logo or any City department logo is a violation of law. The City is not responsible for any content posted to unauthorized sites.