Snow removal assistance
The City of Fargo funds a program that helps low income elderly and/or disabled homeowners pay for snow removal on public walks.
1. Annual household income at or below 50% of area median income:
- 1 person - $24,650
- 2 people - $28,200
- 3 people - $31,700
2. The applicant must also be elderly (age 65 or older) and/or disabled (as defined by eligibility for Paratransit services).
3. The applicant must be unable to remove snow themselves and cannot be living with or have another individual available who is physically able to remove the snow for them. The city will verify eligibility of program applicants and will provide the contractor with a list of pre-qualified households to which service can be provided.
To apply for the program:
Complete an application form (PDF) and submit:
- Signed and completed Income Determination Worksheet (attached to application)
- Statement of Social Security Benefits for 2012 (local SSA Office: 239-5607)
- Statement of pension for 2012
- Statement of interest income in 2012
For more information about the program, please contact Monica Graber at 241-1474 or email@example.com.
Note: If you are an eligible applicant, and you want to have the contractor remove snow from your private driveway and/or other private walkway(s), the contractor can provide this service as well. This additional work needs to be paid for by you; removal of snow from the driveway or other private walkways is not eligible for CDBG reimbursement.