The cost for snow removal doubles in an area when crews have to go back and plow it after illegally parked vehicles have been moved. Citizens can help reduce costs and remove snow more quickly by complying with the seasonal parking restrictions.
Seasonal night parking restrictions are in place from November 1 through April 15 (city ordinance 8-1009) and restrict parking on the street between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. These restrictions allow city employees to remove snow and perform critical street maintenance. Street signs noting the restrictions are located in the affected areas. These areas are:
- From 19th Avenue North to 13th Avenue South;
- From the Red River to 25th Street North and South; and
- Any other area designated by the appropriate signs. These areas include sections of the city where parking is restricted on Fridays and the central business district, which has year-round downtown overnight parking restrictions.
The restrictions apply on alternate days:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays: east/west avenues
- Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays: north/south streets
This policy will be actively enforced, especially during times of snowfall. Vehicles violating the policy may be impounded and ticketed by the Fargo Police Department or Street Department.
If you have questions about this policy, please call 241-1453.