Skip navigation

Items we don't accept

The following items should not be brought to the HHW facility: 

  • Empty and dried out containers
  • Batteries: Alkaline batteries (AA-D, 9-volt, etc.) can be thrown in your regular garbage.
  • Empty paint cans (If you remove the lid and let the paint dry, empty cans can be placed in the garbage. Leave the lid off so the garbage hauler knows it is empty and dry. If the lid is on, they probably wont take it, even if it feels empty.)
  • Non-hazardous wastes (aerosol food cans, etc.)
  • Industrial, agricultural wastes (call (701) 298-6944 for options).
  • Explosive or shock sensitive wastes (includes ammunition, fireworks, etc.)
  • Infectious (medical) wastes
  • Pressurized gas grill propane tanks
  • Smoke detectors or other radioactive products and materials

For more information, please call the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at (701) 281-8915.