Failure to meet any of the required selection process standards will result in the applicant’s elimination from the process.
- The applicant shall be a citizen of the United States or have in-resident alien status as defined by federal law.
- The applicant must have vision corrected to 20/20.
- The applicant shall possess a valid North Dakota driver’s license; or, in case of residency therein, a valid driver’s license from another state; or eligibility to obtain either license.
- By the date of hire, the applicant must have completed the equivalent of a two-year education at an accredited college or university. An AA degree, 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits will fulfill this requirement.
- By the date of hire the applicant must have successfully completed basic skills training at an accredited academy and be POST board eligible.
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old at the time of hire.
- The applicant shall not have been convicted of a class A misdemeanor in this state or in any other state or federal jurisdiction or of any offense in any other jurisdiction that would have been a felony or class A misdemeanor if committed in North Dakota.
- The applicant must have received an honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces if he/she has been in the military service.