The Fargo Police Department offers internships to college students on an ongoing basis. Benefits of an internship include training and the satisfaction in giving back to the community. Interns help the department carry out many vital and support functions and also help develop closer links to the communities of Fargo . Interns are usually assigned to a specific division or unit in the department based on their interests and the amount of work available. They do a variety of jobs including:
- Data entry
- Crime scene diagrams
- Computer programming
- Assisting in investigations
- Geographic Information System work
Interns are asked to work a set number of hours per week based on the requirements of their class. Hours are flexible, enabling students to put in their hours around their class schedule.
Internship Opportunities for 2014
- Application Deadline : January 31, 2014
- Tentative Interviews: February 7, 2014
- Tentative Start Date: February 24, 2014
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2014
- Tentative Interviews:May 9, 2014
- Tentative Start Date: June 2, 2014
- Application Deadline: September 12, 2014
- Tentative Interviews: September 19, 2014
- Tentative Start Date: September 29, 2014
Download the Police Internship Application/Job Description
Applications are also available by mail upon request.
Please contact Officer Jessica Schindeldecker 701-461-7872 or email email@example.com to request an application.