September 19, 2006
CANCEL - Regular Meeting on September 19, 2006
The next meeting of the Fargo Historic Preservation Commission, scheduled for Tuesday, September 19, at 8:00 a.m. is cancelled.
Just a reminder, the annual ND CLG conference is in Bismarck this year. It is scheduled for September 23 from 9-4. There is also a reception the night before (5-8 on September 22). Hopefully we will have good participation at the state conference.
The following is a tentative agenda for the CLG conference:
Introduction to the ND Heritage Center as a Resource Source - Virginia Nelsen
Behind the scenes Heritage Center Tours
• Archives/Library - Photo Collections, archives, newspapers, etc.
• Education - Outreach Schools Publications; Publications, Out Reach
• Museums - Collections, Production
• HP - Lab, Site Files, Manuscripts
Community Program Reports
• Send Kits/Id & Community Resources/Recruitment -or- WWII Housing
• Section 106 Review and compliance in CLGs -or- GIS and Web Site Construction
Developing Guided tours and Brochures
Round Table: Merl, Virginia, Fern, Chris, Walt, Kate, Amy, Susan, Mike; including potential new sources of money
Friday evening mixer, possibly including a tour of one of the following areas:
• Gov’s Mansion
• Camp Hancock
• Cathedral District
• World War II housing district
• Brag books and handouts
If you have any questions, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).