Make the Most of Storytimes
The following tips can help parents and caregivers make sure children get the most out of a storytime session:
- Come to a storytime on a regular basis.
- Arrive a few minutes early, if possible.
- Participate in the stories and activities with the child(ren) during storytime.
- Model good listening skills and refrain from talking during storytime.
- Remove crying or disruptive children from the immediate vicinity.
- Choose books with your child, check them out, and share them at home.
- Ask library staff for help in choosing age-appropriate books and music.
- Talk with your child about stories and activities after storytimes.
- Repeat storytime rhymes and songs at home with your child.
- And, most importantly, have FUN reading and sharing stories with your child!