The Fargo Public Library has several storytimes available for families and caregivers where staff share their love of books and reinforce early literacy skills. Through the use of age-appropriate stories, songs, and fingerplays in a group setting, staff also help parents and caregivers learn how to foster early literacy skills to prepare their children for learning to read.
Registration-only storytimes for toddlers and preschoolers are held in multiple-week sessions during the fall and winter. Registration for the winter 2013 storytime session (January 14-April 17) begins January 2.
Saturday Storytimes take place each month during the school year (Sept.-May).
Baby Rhyme Time lapsit storytimes are held twice a month for babies from birth to 18 months.
- Please note that all storytimes start promptly on schedule. Be sure to allow extra time for parking and getting nametags.
- Please honor age limits for each storytime.
- Please refrain from bringing food and beverage into storytime.
- If children in your care become disruptive, please remove them until they are comfortable and ready to listen.
- For more information about any of our storytimes, call 241-1495.
Be sure to pick up a Storytime Punch Card. Children who attend 10 storytimes earn a free book!