The Fargo Public Library has several storytimes available for families and caregivers where staff share their love of books and reinforce early literacy skills. Through the use of age-appropriate stories, songs, and fingerplays in a group setting, staff also help parents and caregivers learn how to foster early literacy skills to prepare their children for learning to read.
Registration-only storytimes for toddlers and preschoolers are held in multiple-week sessions during the fall and winter. Registration for the fall 2014 storytime session (September 8-December 10) begins August 18. Please note that the library is closed on November 11 and storytime will not be held that day. However, children are welcome to attend one of the other storytimes taking place that week.
Baby Rhyme Time lapsit storytimes are held twice a month for babies from birth to 18 months.
- Please note that all storytimes start promptly on schedule. Be sure to allow extra time for parking and getting nametags.
- Please honor age limits for each storytime.
- Please refrain from bringing food and beverage into storytime.
- If children in your care become disruptive, please remove them until they are comfortable and ready to listen.
- For more information about any of our storytimes, call 241-1495.
Be sure to pick up a Storytime Punch Card. Children who attend 10 storytimes earn a free book!