Electronic Communications Policy
Service Policy: Electronic Communications Policy
The Fargo Public Library presents its online communication tools as a way to further involve its customers in library activities and decisions. We welcome the opportunity to interact with our customers in this way and to generate lively conversation about various topics and consider suggestions from library users. We look forward to receiving a diverse array of opinions.
All information submitted to the library will be moderated by library staff.
The Fargo Public Library will judge suggestions and comments submitted through these electronic forums in accordance with their existing policies and procedures.
The Fargo Public Library reserves the right to refrain from publishing or to remove information and comments according to the following:
Comments should be relevant to the specific online communication tool.
- An example would be comments relevant to the blog entry they are posted to.
- Another example is using the online book review form to submit thoughtful reviews of selections in the library’s collection.
Comments containing the following will not be posted:
- promotion of products for sale or giveaway.
- solicitations for political, charitable or any other type of donations.
- gambling or lottery information.
- copyrighted material not attributed to its source.
- material or information that violates local, state or federal law.
- obscenity, indecency or profanity.
- content that encourages unlawful conduct.
- sexually explicit language.
- language that promotes discrimination against an individual or group based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- language judged by library staff to be insulting or to constitute a personal attack on a fellow contributor’s character.
Any opinions or comments expressed in the library’s online forum are the views of the contributor and may not reflect the viewpoint or policies of the Fargo Public Library or the City of Fargo.
Approved 6-19-2007; Revised 5-20-2014