Board of Health
Fargo Cass Public Health's Board of Health oversees the operations of the Health Department. The Board's responsibilities include:
- investigating nuisances, sources of filth and causes of sickness, and establishing regulations to prevent them.
- adopting quarantine and sanitary measures when infections or contagious disease exist in Fargo and/or Cass County.
- inspecting buildings, lots and other areas to ensure that public health and safety are protected.
- making recommendations to the Fargo City Commission and Cass County Commission about ordinances needed to protect public health and safety.
- maintaining required records and reports for the Department of Health.
- preparing a budget for Fargo Cass Public Health which is submitted to the City Commission for approval.
Core Essential Services
- Prevent epidemic and the spread of disease
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prevent injuries
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors
- Respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility to health services
2015 Board Members:
Chip Ammerman, alternate board member
Mayor Timothy Mahoney, M.D.
Dinah Goldenberg, Fargo School Board
Mike Thorstad, West Fargo City Commissioner
Chelsey Matter, business representative
Arland H. Rasmussen, Cass County Commissioner
Neil Larson, Cass County representative