Skip navigation

Request to modify on-street parking in your neighborhood

If you feel that a parking problem is creating a nuisance in your neighborhood, you can use the City of Fargo's petition procedure to request that a change be made in the parking status of your area.

  - Petition for no parking when roadway is too
    narrow, causing congestion when parked
    vehicles are present.

  - Petition for no parking on one side of the 
    street when all mailboxes are located on 
    the same side.

The first thing you will need to do is to get a copy of the petition form and instructions, which can either be obtained by calling the Traffic Engineering Department at 241-1545 or download the form and instructions (Parking Status Petition Procedures.pdf). 

For a parking change to take place, at least 50% of the property owners on the block must be in agreement with the proposal.  After the petition form has been filled out and signatures have been collected, the petition is returned to the Traffic Engineering Department.

Completed petitions are placed on the next Traffic Technical Advisory Committee (TTAC) agenda for  review and a decision. The TTAC holds its meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. in the City Commission chambers at City Hall. 
The meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live on TV Fargo (channel 99); they are rebroadcast on the:

  • second Tuesday of the month at 8 p.m.
  • third Wednesday of the month at 8:30 a.m.
  • first Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m.