Skip navigation


In addition to any building permits required by the City of Fargo Inspections Department, Stormwater regulations require owner/operators to apply for the Erosion & Sediment Control Permit (ESC Permit) if they are doing "land disturbing activities".   

The ESC Permit is required BEFORE construction begins.                       

All contractors are required to obtain the NDR10-00000 discharge permit from the ND Department of Health 701-328-5244.             

ESC Guide       

Chapter 37 Stormwater Management       

Fargo Inspections Department

Official Precipitation
Retention Calculator

Stormwater Retention Policy