Tax-Exempt Review Committee
The Tax Exempt Review Committee evaluates applications from property owners for various property tax exemptions and economic incentives. The committee forwards its recommendations to the Fargo City Commission.
The committee also:
- formulates and maintains the City of Fargo’s economic development incentive policy and submits it to the City Commission for adoption.
- formulates and maintains overall policy for certain property tax exemption programs allowed under North Dakota law where local discretion is allowed. These policies are submitted to the City Commission for approval and adoption.
The committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. Meetings are broadcast live on TV Fargo channel 12, then shown again on:
- Tuesday's at 1 p.m.
- Saturday's at 5 p.m.
The voting members of the committee are:
- Mayor Dennis Walaker
- Fargo City Commissioner Brad Wimmer
- City Administrator Pat Zavoral
- City Attorney Erik Johnson
- City Auditor Steve Sprague
- City Finance Director Kent Costin
- Charles Hoge
- Jim Buus, Goldmark Schlossman Commercial Real Estate Services
- Jessica Ebeling, Warner and Company
The non-voting members are:
- Broc Lietz of the Fargo School District
- Mark Lemer of the West Fargo School District
- Fargo Planning Director James Gilmour
- City Assessor Ben Hushka
When vacancies arise on the committee, the mayor appoints new members.
If you wish to place an item on the committee’s agenda, contact:
City Assessor Ben Hushka
404 4th Ave. N.
City of Fargo Assessment Dept.
Fargo, ND 58102