Arts and Culture Commission
The Arts and Culture Commission makes recommendations to the City Commission regarding the commissioning and placement of public art owned by the city, and works to encourage the display of public art by all citizens, developers, and property owners.
- Managing the public art collection and facilitating new public art within the city.
- Guiding the development of a public art master plan.
- Identifying opportunities for public art within current and future capital improvement projects.
- Promoting public art through education.
The Commission consists of 9 members, all of which must be residents of the City of Fargo:
- A representative of the Downtown Community Partnership;
- A representative of an established neighborhood association;
- Four representatives with a background in the arts or humanities, or with experience in the arts and culture activities within the community;
- Three at-large community representatives.
Meeting Schedule and Location
The Commission meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and can be seen live by video stream on www.cityoffargo.com/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Saturday at 4 p.m.
All meetings are open to the public. People with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and need special accommodations should contact the Planning Office at 241-1474 or TDD at 241-8258. Please contact us at least 48 hours before the meeting to give our staff adequate time to make arrangements. For more information, please contact Nicole Crutchfield at email@example.com.
Agendas & Minutes
2015 Agendas & Minutes
2016 Agendas & Minutes
2017 Agendas & Minutes