Liquor Control Board
This board performs several functions related to the sale of alcohol in the City of Fargo. The board's roles include:
- making sure that liquor license holders meet the requirements to retain their license.
- hearing appeals related to compliance checks or violations.
- drafting new and revised ordinances related to the sale of alcohol in Fargo.
- making recommendations to the City Commission on matters related to alcohol sales and licensing.
The board consists of:
- a Fargo City Commissioner.
- a Fargo City Attorney.
- the City Auditor.
- the Mayor of Fargo.
- Fargo's Police Chief.
The board meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. Meetings may be canceled if there is an insufficient number of agenda items. To place an item on the board's agenda, contact Steve Sprague at email@example.com at least a week before the meeting at which you wish to speak.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and online at www.cityoffargo.com/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Wednesday at 8 a.m. and Sunday at 8 a.m.